Social skills are the skills we use to communicate and interact with each other, both verbally and non-verbally, through gestures, body language and our personal appearance.
Following are examples of Social Skills:
- good manners.
- active listening (Have a look at the topic Conflict resolution to find out what ‘active listening’ means.)
- gestures and eye contact.
- listening with understanding and empathy (putting yourself in the place of the other person)
- thinking before you speak.
- speaking clearly and not shouting.
If you scored:
|35-50||This area is a strength for you.|
|18-34||Giving attention to where you feel you are weakest will pay dividends.|
|10-17||Make this area a development priority.|